March 27, 2006

27 March - tive que mexer as mãos...

After class today I met up with Jefferson at USP to study.

While we were heading to the library, i saw a tree and got the urge to feel the bark...it looked smooth (I’m the girl that pokes the packaged meat at the grocery store). So as we pass by the tree, I gave it a good WHACK. It felt kind of like sand. And when i glanced at my hand, it was covered with what looked like little dog hairs. COVERED. I thought it was pretty funny at first...but then as I rubbed my hands together and they wouldn’t come out, the smile on my face quickly faded away. basically the hundreds of "dog hairs" were little splinters that got stuck all over my palm. Of course. Hundreds of splinters! I get punished for being a kinetics learner! All I remember is Jefferson’s "oh Leah...você teve que mexer as mãos..." another priceless "Leah moment" brought to you by me, hehe. I pulled out as many as I could and surprisingly, water and paper towel did the trick. No mini-surgery this time, hehe.

We spent the afternoon at the library and then headed over to the student dining hall with Bruno and Tulio (some of Jefferson’s friends). Unlike Rand at Vanderbilt, food at the bandejão is cheap. I paid less than a dollar for a plate full of rice and beans, salad, meat, some veggies, and a cup of juice.

No comments: