January 12, 2006

12 January 2006 - leavin on a jetplane...

homefries

José just dropped me off about an hour and a half ago after I spent the day visiting mom and hanging with Mehrnoush & Paul at a sushi place and Pier 1. I admit, I’m a little sad to say goodbye, but I know the next few months are going to be amazing. I spent the last 4 weeks working at Red Robin, "home of the smiling burger" – saving up money for the trip. Surprisingly enough, I didn´t leave packing for last minute. I have one large suitcase w/all my clothes, one small duffle with toiletries, a small suitcase for miscellaneous stuff (souvenirs, stuff the Brazilians asked me to bring, shoes, etc), and my backpack. So, HAH, to all you guys who thought it was impossible to fit all my clothes into one bag! After going through all the frustrating bureaucratic hooplah (because of which I couldn’t get my visa until a week before the trip) to acquire all the necessary documents (and some) to apply for a student visa, all went smoothly at the Brazilian Embassy in DC (unlike my passport ordeals 2 years ago – Anush knows, hehe).

Anyway, thank you Anush & José for driving me back and forth to Baltimore and D.C. Les agradesco mucho!!

No comments: