January 21, 2006

21 January - solarium, host family, and salsa!

today I tested out my new bikini on the solarium on top of the apartment. But being as my stomach has never been exposed to tropical sun before (or any sun, for that matter), I got a nice (not so nice) burn.



My host mom’s other 2 daughters came with their husbands for lunch. The meal was amazing, needless to say (my mom’s a great cook), and we spent the afternoon playing with her granddaughter.

And the most important thing of all: I FINALLY got my salsa fix tonight. The student monitors (Brazilian students who plan cultural activities for us to go out at night) finally planned a salsa night. Usually they take everyone to bars (to which I had no interest in going), but this time we went to Pacha Ynti, which happens to be owned by chilenos. They had a live salsa band that played with impressive accuracy modern (in my day) classics like "Tu carinito", "llorarás", "la vida es un carnaval", "mi tierra", and "juliana". It was great!.

No comments: