January 17, 2006

17 January - ILCP classes begin


for the first day of ILCP classes, Ben and I were guided by our host moms (who didn’t know how to get to school by bus. We showed up an hour late, but so did everyone else, so it was okay). I was placed in group A, which means we have culture class first for 2.5 hours and then Portuguese class for another 2.5 hours. Note to self: don’t space out in class while in a foreign country – its much harder to pick up where the prof. left off.


In the afternoon we watched a film by Disney that dealt with stereotypes of Brazil, and Prof. Lourival, our culture professor, left us with these inspiring words: "my objective in this course is to confuse you. if you leave the classroom confused and with doubts, perfect. If you leave with certainty, then I’ve failed." Well, it doesn’t take a lot to confuse me, so this should be an interesting few weeks, hehe

No comments: