December 17, 2011

FAILURE.


 

Yesterday I hit the gym...danced last night, and this morning went for an amazing run outside. For lunch I had a plate of brown rice, steamed broccoli and tilapia. But above is what I ate last night at 2am after I got home from dancing. Two days into op reboot and already hit a speed bump. I woke up hardly remembering having eaten it. Which made me feel worse about that decision. If it wasn’t even memorable, was it even worth it? It doesn’t look appealing, and it didn’t even taste that good. But I post this pic and not the one of my healthy lunch because I think it’s important to take responsibility and own mistakes. Not to wallow in guilt, but to honestly recognize an unhealthy decision when one is made. This applies to more than just pizza. When we push things out of our memory, we don’t always see the consequences. Our inner barometer can become compromised and we risk the inevitable formation of an unhealthy habit. Through recognition we take an honest look at ourselves and reevaluate…giving ourselves an opportunity to grow. And when that test comes around again, because you can rest assured that it most definitely will come again, perhaps we will face it with stronger resolve. And perhaps not. But at least it will be another failure on the pathway to success.

Side note: I knew this guy that had a hot sports car and his license plate read: “FAILURE”. When asked about it, he would respond simply that all his previous failures are what got him to where he is today. Behind every successful person is a chain of failures. And in front of every chain of failures is assured success. That has always stuck with me.

No comments: