December 15, 2011

OR - Day 1

Operation Reboot is off to a good start. I went to bed and woke up this morning reflecting on the following lines from the Baha'i Writtings:

"I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? Out of the essence of knowledge I gave thee being, why seekest thou enlightenment from anyone beside Me? Out of the clay of love I moulded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting."

We were created noble, and yet we often find ourselves in circumstances that challenge the loftiness of our station. Without fail, whenever I find myself in those situations, I feel my inner voice whispering "higher, baby...aim higher." I'm grateful for that inner pull to challenge myself to a higher standard, even though I sometimes (more often than i'd like to admit) ignore it. But when I listen...when I follow through with that sweet inspiration guiding me to make the right choice, the confirmations  are boundless. And my strength to overcome similar challenges in the future is doubled. All I can say is God is so lovingly patient. And I know He often looks down at me shaking His head while chuckling... "next time she'll learn..."

I made it to the gym tonight for the first time in maybe 2-3 months...i dont even remember the last time. 25 minutes on the eliptical isn't a great feat, but it's a start that i'm proud of. That's 25 minutes of not doing nothing! And now i'm off to get my dance fix :o)

No comments: