February 19, 2006

19 February - SALVADOR DA BAHIA!!!

Salvador…que saudades!

The two weeks in Bahia were quite possibly the best of my time in Brazil.
I flew into Salvador 19 of February around 1AM. Hugo and Naiana came to pick me up at the airport. Well…they tried…and then Hugo’s car broke down, so Naiana’s dad came to the rescue and we got to her dad’s place around 2:30AM (needless to say, no body got much sleep that night, least of all Hugo).


The first week I stayed at Naiana’s near Itapuã. They live in a condo-village. The place is supernice, with a beautiful view and swimming pool. The catch: it’s isolated from the city (30 min. driving) and the outside of the walls of the village are dangerous, so I’ve been told. Anyway, Carnaval didn’t start till Feb 23 (at least in Salvador), so Naiana and her dad still had to work…i.e. wake up at 6 to leave at 7 and get to work by 8. the first day, they let me sleep. I spent the day at the pool in the sun. maravilha!

Nai and I swimmin at night

No comments: