February 6, 2006

4-5 February - Weekend in Jundiaí – Samareh!

The night of dinner with the Nussbachers, Samareh called (after trying to be in touch since I arrived to SP).



Samareh and I met during a Baha’i youth project about 5 summers ago. We became instant friends and kept in touch throughout the years and now that I’m finally in São Paulo, I got the chance to see her again! She invited me to her home for the weekend, so I hopped on the bus at 8am the next day and arrived in Jundiai (a city right outside SP city) about an hour and a half later. It was sooo good to see her again! I met her family, we cooked lunch, hung out (watched cable tv!), looked through lots of photo albums, and watched her favorite novela, Almas Gêmias. That night we were invited by one of the two other Baha’i families in Jundiah to have dinner at their home. So around 8pm we headed over to the house of Soheil and Tetê. I had the night of my life. The other two Baha’is in the city came too as well as another Baha’i family from another city. We had pizza, kotlet (brazilian style), rode bikes around the neighborhood with the kids and played a serious game of Hokm, hehe.

The next day we woke up bright n early and left the house by 7:30AM for Mogí Guaçú, a city about 2 hours away, where Samareh’s family used to live.


We visited the Baha’i center there and then headed over to Campinas for a churrascaria and a community Reflection gathering (which is basically when Baha’is from all over the region get together to discuss activities that they’ve been up to, successes, challenges, etc.).


The house we went to was BEAUTIFUL, and the lunch was DELISH. Samareh introduced me to lots of Baha’i youth. After the meeting, we headed back to Jundiai, and I took the bus home to be back before dark.

No comments: