February 21, 2006

21 February

at work, preparing a sign for Carnaval


Today I went to work with Naiana and her dad and then met up with Hugo to explore the city.

We explored Pelourinho and got ice cream (which was a complete disaster, lol). We saw other places too except I don’t remember the names of anything. Campo Grande? The French place? (which had an AMAZING view of the bay). Needless to say, I started paying more attention and asking where I am more often so when people ask me "where did you go today?" I can say more than the name of the one place I remember. Anyway, Hugo took me back to Nai’s job and her family took me out to dinner to celebrate.



cidade baixa, cidade alta

Bahia de todos os santos

Carnaval prep in Pelourinho

Pelourinho

ice cream disaster


view from the French place



Wednesday, Gilmara and I got together and explored other parts of the city, this time, Ribeira – which is home to a famous ice cream place that has national and international recognition.

I don’t know whether it was something I ate, too much sun, the bumpy bus rides (which are more like roller-coaster rides), or a combination of everything, but for the next 3 days, the sight of food made me nauseous.

No comments: